N&W / Norfolk Southern coal mining operations

Tue May 16 20:41:47 EDT 2006

Guys,

I'm in need of photocopies of N&W / Norfolk Southern lists of coal
operations (a.k.a. "coal directories", among other names) for an ongoing
research project. These lists include the mine name, mine owner/operator,
railroad (mine) number and various other bits of information. Any lists from
the time period 1970 to 1987 would be most helpful.

I will, of course, gladly pay all associated copying and mailing costs.

If you have any of these lists and would be willing to assist me, please
contact me off list at the address listed below.

wag2200 at velocity.net

Regards,

Ron Stafford