475 Diamond Jubilee

Mon May 29 20:54:11 EDT 2006

The G1 No. 7 was backdated in October 1952 The G1 No. 7 was backdated
in October 1952 for the 100th Anniversary of the arrival of the
railroad in Roanoke, celebrated November 1, 1952.

The 475 was also freshly dolled up in August 1957 and used on the Salem
Shifter at least as revenue service, I rode the cab on the Catawba
branch at the time

Ken Miller