Did the N&W have any GP38s?

Fri Jun 2 21:06:27 EDT 2006

John,

I thought there were 3 skunks on that fleet?
4107, 4129, and one other 4100 unit. This is reading from my N&W Second Gen Locomotives Book.

Jerry Butler

Nathan,

The so-called "skunk" units had a broad white stripe with the Norfolk and Western lettering in black inside the stripe. Sort of resembled Southern units. I don't remember now how many there were, or what the numbers were, but I believe there was about 4 of them.

I modeled one of these in N scale recently. Rather striking units among the normal solid black.

John Samples