Outstanding local production about N&W railroad men

Fri Jun 9 17:10:36 EDT 2006

I purchased a copy of this DVD and it is excellent. It consists mostly of the recollections and stories of several men who worked on the N&W on the North Carolina branch and vicinity. I wish there were more of this type of thing available.

For under $15, you can't beat it.

Jim Brewer

Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:25 PM
Subject: Outstanding local production about N&W railroad men

I stumbled over a outstanding local production the other day!!

As many of ya'll know, I have been researching the North Carolina Branch, And during one of my regular "google" fishing expeditions. I stumbled over this website..

http://www.facnrv.org/menoftherail.html

I was taken back! I watched the preview clip (found on the website) and was star stuck!

I fired off a email, that promptly bounced back, I read on the site about them being affiliated with the "Fine Arts Center for the New River Valley"

So after some even fiercer googling, I found their website. http://www.facnrv.org

That is where I learned their located in Pulaski Virginia! So the next day I drove down to Pulaski, and bought a copy for myself!

I must say, it is OUTSTANDING!! Their are some minor "editing issues" that folks that know the North Carolina branch will catch, but over all it is a MOST ENJOYABLE hour and a half program, (45 minutes for the program itself, 45 minutes for a reunion between retired railroaders, talking about people and places on the NC Branch, and a few more minutes showing the inside of the Allisonia Depot, that is now a bed and breakfast)

It is not often when we can hear retired railroaders, talkin' about the "good ol days"

Now for some Details....witch are sparse on the websites...

The DVD "Men of the Rail" is $12.79 tax included (This is for a NON-PROFIT ORG)

They charge $ 2.00 for shipping..

They will accept visa/master charge, WITH a $5.00 fee, remember, they are NON PROFIT

They prefer a Check, for the above reasons

Here is their Phone Number if you are interested! 540-980-7363, give'em a call!!

JUST FOR THE RECORD, I HAVE NO FINANCHAL INTEREST IN THIS PRODUCT.....I just want to let my fellow N&W fans know about this !