Consist book, etc.

Sun Jun 25 02:24:45 EDT 2006

June 25, 2006

Thanks for the clarification, Jim. I'll look forward
to hearing from you in the future if you poke around
the Archives and discover other consist books.

Some railroads also had a booklet for baggagemen
guidance called "U.S. Mail Work," or variations on
that title. I've seen these for the C&O, but none for
the N&W. That's another publication I'd like to see,
if it turns up. It mainly discussed forms and
reporting for U.S. Mail traffic, as well and handling
separations that were to be put off at particular
stations.

Best wishes,

Frank Scheer
f_scheer at yahoo.com