N&W Soutehrn passenger trains

Sun Jun 25 21:02:43 EDT 2006

Frank,

Living in Lynchburg, I can't say with absolute certainty that mail cars were
NOT added or taken off of the N&W/Southern passenger trains here. These
trains left the Southern station and after leaving it behind for a few miles,
they switched over to N&W at the north leg of the Montview wye. They then went
to the west leg of the Kinney (N&W) wye. As a youngster, I spent much time
at that Southern (Kemper Street) station. I saw many trains drop or pick up
mail storage cars and I will have to say, some might have been the N&W bound
trains.

I have some conductor record books from the 1960s kept by an N&W conductor
while he worked from Lynchburg or Roanoke to Bristol. These books tell the
crew names, train times, engine numbers, and complete consist data. Contact me
off list and tell me exactly what information you are needing. I hope I can
help!

Aubrey Wiley
_VgnRy43 at aol.com_ (mailto:VgnRy43 at aol.com)