Telegraphic report of train consists

Mon Jun 26 10:36:02 EDT 2006

> What does the A mean for Southern car 310? Nothing

> comes to mind.

Frank,

Concerning the "A" designation for the several BE type
cars, I'm afraid I am unable to remember why that was
used. On the N&W
"Telegraphic Consist Report of Passenger Trains"(Form
C.T. 498-T), that designation was used a number of
times, including the following; N&W 1308 on No. 42,
Sou 725 on No. 18, Sou 522 on No. 45, Sou 137 on
No. 42, Sou 569 on No. 42, and Sou 547 on No. 18. If
we can come up with the instructions for filling out
this form, we may get an answer!!

The more we dig, the more questions we come up with!

If I find any info on this, you will be the first to
know.

Jeff

June 26, 2006

Hello, Jeff:

Thanks for the information. I'll copy the N&WHS list
to see if anyone knows what "A" meant --when not
applied to steam locomotive classes, that is....

Good morning,

Frank