Heartland Corridor

Mon Jul 10 16:51:38 EDT 2006

>Part of the traffic on I81 is between Richmond and Bristol/Knoxville.

>Traffic that originates in Norfolk and other coastal areas. There is a

>massive amount of truck traffic on I81 that originates in Norfolk and

>follows I64 to I81 to I40.

>Bob Welsh

This is exactly why the Heartland Corridor does nothing to address I-81
traffic... once the traffic gets to Roanoke it has no rail way to get to
Knoxville/Chatanooga or Harrisburg. NS continually preaches that it needs
money to upgrade the Bristol and Shenandoah lines to impriove service... yet
they have never offered any form of TOFC/COFC service on that lane...