Strasburg

Thu Jul 13 21:16:49 EDT 2006

I want to add a couple of comments to those who have been extolling the Strasburg convention.

First, Convention Chairman and Strasburg Railroad Shop Foreman Rick Musser, who did a great job planning everything, complimented our members on their conduct during the special mixed train photo run-bys that the Strasburg Railroad staged for us and during the interesting and informative shop tours. He stated that the Strasburg Railroad employees told him that our groups were exceptionally orderly and safety oriented. Kudos to all of us attendees!

Second, although all presentations were well done and well received, the presentation by Dr. Frank Sheer on the Railway Mail Service was outstanding especially because of the amount of material that he had prepared and handed out to each attendee.

Each attendee at his presentation received a 19-page history of the Railway Mail Service, a mammoth 340-page account of N & W railway post office routes, and a video tape with two vintage movies on the RMS. Those who did not attend this convention really missed out.

Gordon Hamilton