Remore control SD45s...

Wed Aug 9 11:01:22 EDT 2006

LONG TRAINS !!!!!

Williamson to Portsmouth on 24/7 basis saw 210 to 250 loaded cars all thru
the time I was a kid. I counted them constantly, just amazed. And as the 50,
70 and 85 tonners gave way to the 100 ton cars with the roller bearings
keeping the count continuous. I just figured a 250 unit size was 20,000 ton
train and with one every 20 minutes it impressed me big time.

Also, why is no one talking about the remote opns from Norton, VA thru the
natural tunnel and up the devilish grade beyond Duffel into Tennessee. Much
smaller movements but restricted by the extreme grade alongside of US23.
Have always be impressed upon catching a movement as I traveled 23. Gotta
love the crews tight butt work to keep it all together.

Oakie G Ford
IRONTON, OH

Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: Remore control SD45s...