Question about disposition of coaches used in NW/NS Steam Program

Sun Aug 20 17:36:24 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I am looking for information on the current disposition of coaches used in
the N&W, NS steam program. I am currently most interested in the nee-N&W
coaches that were used in Chicago commuter service (c. 1969-1978) before
being directed to the steam program in the mid-1980s. It is my
understanding that many of these cars still exist, but have been largely out
of use for some time. The information I am most interested in is their
current owner, location, and condition – however any and all information
will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Tom Cornillie

PS – I apologize if this is a question that has already been asked and
answered. I recently joined the list, and was not able to find a search
function for the list archives.