Bicentennial Excursion Train Images

Mon Sep 4 16:07:59 EDT 2006

I came across some old polariods of the N&W's Bicentennial Excursion
Train's stop in Pulaski, Va. This excursion ran over the July 4,
1976 weekend. The train is stopped in downtown Pulsaski, just past
the passenger station - and it was allowed to block the grade
crossings in town for some time if I remeber correctly. The pictures
were taken from the south side of the tracks from the Rose's parking
lot - where the Maple Shade Inn used to be.
Behind engine no. 1776 you will see engine no. 173 - a former Virginian
Trainmaster. I belive that this excursion train was the last time
that any of the former Virginian Trainmasters were run.
Hope you enjoy the images,
Toney Minter