The most perfect locomotive

Fri Sep 8 22:31:29 EDT 2006

My father told me that back in the late 40's he and my mother went to a wedding in Richmond. They took the Powhattan (Powtan) Arrow from Portsmouth, Ohio. He said that they were rolling along through the eastern Virginia flatlands and the train was really moving. He was walking past a car attendant and he commented on how fast they seemed to be moving. He said that the car attendant went and looked at a speedometer and told him that the needle was moving between 108 and 110 mph.

A.J. Gemperline