Wye Near Lofton and Roanoke District Double track

Mon Sep 25 20:45:14 EDT 2006

Hello all I have a few questions to ask, the Main being about a Wye that
I am told was once near Lofton.

My Great grandparents Lived near Greenville, VA. They had a farm, Near
the N&W Mainline. The road that the old farm was located(Most of which
has been sold off and all of which is no longer in the family (grr))
crosses the main about a 1/2 mile on west from where the farm, at MP
161.1. This also means that the Double track once went through here.
However My second cousin had told me on more then one occasion that
there was a Wye in the area between there and Lofton (MP 162.7).

My questions are, where exactly was this Wye located for that matter did
it even exist?
When was it put in and when was it taken out?
What was it used for?

Now also one other question when was the Double track north of Pkin
taken out?

Also does anybody have Some photos from when the Double track was still
in all the way to cold spring?
Last but not least does any body have a track chart and/or Employee
timetable that has that portion of the double track in it? along with
the Wye in question? I would like to have a look at them if able.

Thanks,
Nathan

--
Nathan Simmons