Early N&W freight car builders

Tue Sep 26 11:42:52 EDT 2006

Hello to the group.

Who were the builders and suppliers of box cars, flat cars, hoppers, and
other freight service cars for N&W in the early part of the 20th century? I am
specifically interested in the time around the ICC Valuation of 1916, the
time at which many of the pictures on the VT Image Base were taken. I suppose
that many new cars came into service to replace the old N&W Rail Road rolling
stock between 1900 and 1915.

For those who are interested, the link below is to the St. Charles Car
Company of St. Charles MO. There are a bunch of builders photos of period cars,
although none of which appear to be N&W, but are still interesting.

_St. Charles City County Library Digital Home Page_
(http://www.win.org/library/services/lhgen/digit.htm)

Thanks and good day.

Chuck Stewart
Bahama, NC