Prichard WV

Fri Sep 29 22:56:03 EDT 2006

Bob,

I could have been confused. I might have been watching something on the old Clinchfield and Haysi got stuck in my mind. The location was Hayes, Wva which is just south of Kenova. It was a return trip shot at night.

I looked at the map closer and it had to be Prichard, where they had the runby. I don't know how recent the google maps are, but if you go to Google Maps and then put in Prichard, WV go for the satellite or Hybrid view and you can zoom right down and actually see the coaling tower astride the mainline. it is on a straight-away before a right hand curve for westbounds. Old U.S. 52 comes close to being parallel to the tracks there.

A.J. Gemperline