VMT

Wed Oct 18 13:02:14 EDT 2006

>IMO, moving the equipment currently residing in the NS

>yard was an improvement because the general public is

>not interested in a place that looks like a scrap yard

>or a work-in-progress. They want attractive exhibits

>in a nice setting. The actual artifacts probably

>don't matter much.

I take it you've never been to the IRM (Illinois Railway Musuem)... the
general public has no problem with it there. Of course, unlike the VMT, the
IRM makes a monumental effort to restore something (a lot of somethings)
every once in a while. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to
volunteer at the VMT, only to never recieve a call in return from anybody.

>BTW, who is the "art guy from VT"? I didn't know

>there was anyone in authority from VT at the museum.

>Did I miss something?

Could'nt tell you. I recall seeing a blurb in the Roanoke Times about it
some time ago. He wasn't in authority at the musuem, he was doing it for
the musuem.

As for Bev, he's got a long road in front of him (assuming hte politics game
being played in Roanoke doesn't get him). Until the VMTs board realizes
that they are a blue-collar museum in a blue-collar town, it'll continue to
be SSDD no matter who is at the helm.

Robb Fisher