Surprise

Fri Oct 27 11:00:07 EDT 2006

Just my thought from observing some of the posts here...be glad for what is being done and quit whining about NS not doing this or that.

Chuck Akers
Amtrak-Richmond
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: Surprise

> I guess you are speaking of the new Fs that NS just
> purchased from the KCS?
>
> They picked up the 4 (A-B-B-A) set that had been
> used on the St. Louis Dinner Train. The plan is
> (From Wick Moreman's mouth) is to paint the set in
> the Southern's Black Tuxedo Scheme and used on OCS
> trains.
=========================
Ever since 4610 was painted in SOUTHERN (bear in mind
I like SOUTHERN, but first and foremost I'm a N&W fan)
I've been waiting for an N&W unit.

Since the NORFOLK in NS is core to the success of NS
it is sad and definately a slight to N&W that they
have failed to paint a unit in a N&W "heritage" scheme
(I suggest the original "Redbird" scheme).

While the steam program was under operation we did
have 611 and 1218 carrying the N&W flag but since it
ended there's been nothing (except for older freight
cars).

Yes we have the N&W red on the business cars but they
say "NORFOLK SOUTHERN".

Mark Peele
Catonsville, MD

http://mail.yahoo.com