Clinch Valley line Access Bluefiled to Tazewell

Sun Dec 3 19:24:59 EST 2006

There are a number of small roads that parallel the Clinch Valley line
between Bluefield and Tazewell that are virtually trackside. After passing
w/b through Bluefield/Graham VA off 19 and following the Clinch Valley line,
you will pass over the line on that highway. From that point back-track
about a ¼ mile and take the narrow road off to the right. This drops you
down to trackside. Following this road, you will pass down a valley with
the tracks on one side and the road on the other side. You can easily find
the road off of your DeLorme map book of Virginia.

There are a few good trestles along this line that make great photographic
locations after the leaves are down.

Some of this route requires going back on to US460 and taking the county
roads back to trackside. One can get trackside al of the way down to
Pounding Mill for a good portion of this line.

Gary Rolih

Cincinnati

_____