ATCS feeds

Sun Jan 7 22:08:26 EST 2007

And since, it uses radio instead of wires, the signals are easily intercepted, and can be displayed on a computer...Or streamed over the internet to OTHER peoples computer, to viewed, with a free program.

Check this website for details about the Roanoke ATCS Stream.

http://kednhed.googlepages.com/home

Look under "live ATCS feeds" also their is a live scanner feed available their aswell

Andy Jennings

Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 8:29 PM
Subject: Re: CPL history lesson

ATCS stands for Advanced Train Control System, all it happens to be is essentially a Radio Code Line, rather then Controls and Indications traversing Wires they are transmitted over the Radio in Data Packets. What is really great about ATCS from an operations stand point is the fact there is know Physical connection to the Dispatching center, therefore less maintenance costs and less that can go wrong, etc.....

Nathan

NW Mailing List wrote:
Can someone elaborate on ATCS?

Gordon Hamilton

Sent: Sunday, January 07, 2007 7:36 AM

So what changes does NS make to their existing CPLs when they install
ATCS?
I know they replace the wiring and I assume they install new bulbs as
well.

Ron Davis