Railway Express Agency

Sat Jan 13 17:20:45 EST 2007

Mark:
You could see REA Express reefers on N&W trains, but not in great
numbers like you would see on larger passenger roads. Seems that
most REA business was handled in regular baggage cars on N&W. I have
seen only a few pictures of REA reefers on N&W trains, and those were
in the diesel era. I would venture to say that most of the time,
these REA cars were not running in refrigerated mode, but were
hauling storage mail or other sealed express shipments.

Rick Morrison