Train names

Fri Jan 26 09:18:25 EST 2007

Probably the most famous female-named train was the "Phoebe Snow" on the
DL&W, the "Road of Anthracite." The name was created early in the 20th
century by their publicity department for a mythical woman whose white
dress was not dirtied when riding the DL&W, which burned Pa. anthracite
coal. The train was discontinued in 1966.

I think the N&W used mostly bituminous coal.

J. Kelling
not in coal country