Michael Casen

Tue Feb 13 13:35:25 EST 2007

I want to let you know that, after several years of declining health, Michael Casen died on Friday, February 2. I hope no one minds that I am using this forum to try to reach people who might have known Michael. I have contacted certain mutual friends and acquaintances, but I'm sure there are others in the railfan community whom I may not know that would appreciate getting this sad news. And there are others I am acquainted with but whom I have had no contact with in recent years.

One person I would like to get this news to is Bill Griffin. Perhaps one of you in the Richmond area would do me the favor of contacting him.

There will be a memorial service for Michael at 1:30 on Saturday, February 24, at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd on Forest Hill Avenue in Richmond. Anyone who would like further information, a map to the church, or just to reminisce about a truly unique person, you may contact me at RoanokeRails at cox.net. I see no need to clutter up the chat room with messages concerning this matter.

Also, I would appreciate if you would let me know of any friends that you are able to pass this message to. That will ease my mind a bit. Again, use the RoanokeRails at cox.net email address.

Thank you,

Sam Putney