Diesel Question

Mon Feb 19 19:25:05 EST 2007

Hi Listers,

The Illinois Terminal six-axle engines were SD39's with twelve cylinder turbocharged 645 primemovers. They retained their green paint for awhile before being painted black. The attached photo is of #2965 being painted black in Ohio...well at least the bottom half so far. They all ended up in black with NORFOLK AND WESTERN spelled out. At the Huntington, WV. NWHS convention in 2000 I gave Jim Gillum a set of slides for the archives showing the 2965 being painted. As far as I can tell they spent all their time on the old W&LE in Ohio. I started my two by using Rail Power Products SD38 shells with Athearn GP40-2 non D/B exhaust inserts.

Take care, John Hecker
nwrlinemp72 at ca.rr.com