N&W Clothing

Sun Apr 1 20:10:31 EDT 2007

Carl, there used to be a garment manufacturing company in Lynchburg, VA, called N&W, (just like the Norfolk and Western) that made bib overalls and other work clothes. I don't think it had anything to do with the railroad but I'm not sure. I worked in a country store in Gladys, Virginia (about 20 miles south of Lynchburg on the Lynchburg to Durham, NC line of N&W) in the 1950's as a high school student and we sold this line of work clothes. I am pretty sure they were made in Lynchburg but don't think it had anything to do with the railroad. Maybe somebody else can shed some light on your question.

Jim Moseley
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2007 5:45 PM
Subject: N&W Clothing

Does anybody know if there was clothing, such as
jeans, associated with the railroad? There is an
auction on ebay today that is selling a pair of
vintage 1950s dungarees with an N&W label on them.
Thanks.

Carl