1939 World Fair

Tue May 1 23:30:46 EDT 2007

Mark - Thanks for the memories. I saw the 1939 Worlds Fair (with my
parents, of course) and was just old enough to remember the railroad exhibits. I
still have the brochure from 'Railroads on Parade' with B/W photos of eight
steam locos; including an N & W Class A (incorrectly identified as a mallet) and
PRR's S-1.

Incidentally, the operating O scale layout 'Railroads at Work' featured
rolling stock lettered on one side only. The track plan was such that the
audience could never see the 'back' of the cars. Used to have that brochure also,
but lost it when we moved to southern NJ in 1950.

Jerome Crosson