Fw: Zoo Choo

Thu May 3 19:43:57 EDT 2007

The message below was directed to me, and I am forwarding it in case any NWHS members would be interested. As information, the Zoo Choo is a 16-inch gauge, passenger-carrying, streamlined train headed by a gasoline-engine-powered "diesel" locomotive whose track (which passes through a tunnel) circles the zoo located on the top of Mill Mountain in Roanoke. Please check the link in the original message to go to a Web site for the Zoo Choo.

Incidentally, I was chairman of the Zoo Choo committee when I was in the Roanoke Jaycees, and I enjoyed being in the Zoo on top of the Mountain with its cool breezes and spectacular views of the Roanoke Valley.

Gordon Hamilton