Bristol Line Photos

Mon Jun 25 23:58:59 EDT 2007

Mike,
I can tell you where Cecil is. You know where the Kerns Bakery used to be in Bristol? There's a Food City and a Pal's there now I think. Well, from the trestle that crosses Route 11, there's a block signal about a half mile west of the trestle. In the N&W days, that signal was named Cecil. It was visible from the interstate until they put the sound barriers up.

That area is kind of hard to get into. I drove into the subdivision behind the old bakery to try to get a photo of the N&W signal before it was taken down, but I couldn't get close enough to get a good picture, so I never got it.

Ben Blevins

Dave,

I guess you will have to educate me as to where Cecil is located.

Mike

>Hey Mike, how about sharing more pictures of the Bristol Line? Got any

good action shots taken at Cecil?

>Dave G

Don’t miss your chance to WIN $10,000 and other great prizes from Microsoft
Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0540003042mrt/direct/01/