Cabooses and Book

Thu Jun 28 12:20:00 EDT 2007

"Jim - as far as I can remember, the older cabs did not have desks. There was a board big enough for a train list that the conductor could prop on his lap and do his paperwork.
EdKing"

Ed,
You are right. I contacted one of my former conductors today and he said that at the time, steam era until ????, the conductors would sit on the bunk and use one or more large clipboards to do their paperwork. By the time that I came onboard in the early seventies the few old cabs that were still around did have a desk. Evolution strikes again.
Jimmy Lisle