Old Crane

Sat Jul 21 09:35:12 EDT 2007

I can't recall seeing that particular crane on the Bristol Line before. I have no idea where they normally keep it.

But, I will say that I have not seen the Bristol Line look so good and clean since the welded rail was installed in 1991. Really, it looks as good or better now than it did then. They've done a ton of improvements to this line. Cutting brush, removing the junk piles, painting signals, fixing drainage problems, and on and on. They've even removed the old Holston Quarry switch at Schuleen (Marion) in the last few weeks. They also sprayed for weeds not long ago. And, they've been working the track. They're not renewing ties, just leveling it up.

I would agree with the "scary" analogy. Something's up.

Ben Blevins

Thanks Mike for the pix. Is that crane NW 514880? Where is it stationed normally? Looks like it needs paint!
Charlie Long