Gon, with containers, question

Sat Jul 21 12:03:58 EDT 2007

Gons have had a number of containers designed for customers needs. Furnace
coke left IRONTON, OH's Semet Solvay coking plant with what I think were
charge size amount of coke for foundries throughout the country. The left
points looked to be designed for overhead cranes to be used to charge a
furnace one container at a time.

Over time these types of delivery systems were turned over to flatbed trucks
and they still serve today.

Oakie G. Ford
IRONTON, OH