VMT & 1604

Tue Jul 31 15:00:01 EDT 2007

The Museum really had no choice, as they did not own the 1604, it had
been retained by Chessie System or C&O prior to that, who sort of
looked the other way until it was damaged in the flood of 1985 and
had to be rerailed and the Museum was moving from its Wasena Park
location to downtown. There had apparently been a desire for a time
to send the 1604 to Baltimore as an addition to the corporately
sponsored museum. Why it was not done when the H-8 was first loaned
to the Transportation Museum about 1970, I don't have a clue.

Ken Miller