VMT & 1604

Wed Aug 1 23:44:29 EDT 2007

Sam,

Yes I would, but what I was saying was that the 1601 was the only H-8 Allegheny steam locomotive (that I knew of) that was still in existence. I didn't know 1604 was still in existence until it was brought up by one of the other members. I knew there was an Allegheny steam locomotive fleet that C&O had years ago but did not know what all was left aside from 1601

Jerry Butler

Jerry,

Do you not consider the 1604 part of the original fleet?

Sam

Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:00 PM
Subject: Re: VMT & 1604

Guys,

Someone had inquired about the C&O Alleghenies. Here is a pic of C&O 1601. This unit is at the Henry Ford Museum near Detroit Michigan.
http://www.henryfordmuseum.com/collections/Collections/transportation/railroad.asp
This is the only unit fom the original Allegheny H-8 fleet that I know of that is still in existence.

Jerry Butler

Tom - All H-8s were C&Os. The Virginians were class AG. None of them were
saved.

EdKing
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:20 PM

>I thought that the H-8 in the B&O museum was a C&O version.

> Tom Anson

> NW Mailing List said:

>> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

>> ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C7D342.76560680

>> charset="iso-8859-1"

>> A friend of mine asked the following question. Does anyone know the =

>> answer?

>> "Why did the Virginia Transportation Museum let the H-8 Allegheny 1604 =

>> go to Baltimore's B&O Museum?"

>> Jimmy Lisle=20

>> PS

>> Harry,

>> I was hoping that at least you would have an answer to my "Ticket Box" =

>> question from a few days ago.

>> JL

>> ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C7D342.76560680

>> charset="iso-8859-1"

>> A friend of mine asked the following =

>> question. Does=20

>> anyone know the answer?

>> "Why did the Virginia Transportation =

>> Museum let the=20

>> H-8 Allegheny 1604 go to Baltimore's B&O Museum?"

>> Jimmy Lisle

>> PS

>> Harry,

>> I was hoping that at least you would =

>> have an answer=20

>> to my "Ticket Box" question from a few days ago.

>> JL

>> ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C7D342.76560680--

> --

> Tom Anson