2 Last Minute Questions

Mon Aug 27 17:17:04 EDT 2007

First, let me thank everyone who provided answers and information relative to my questions. They were most helpful.

I am getting geared up for a whirl-wind trip over Labor Day, and I have two quick questions:

1. With regard to bridge numbers, are they visible from the road they might pass over. For example, I will be looking for bridge 322 in Seven Mile Ford. I have found the most likley places where the N&W passes over roads in the area by using Delorme's Topo USA, but will the bridge number be visible from the roads?

2. I will also be looking for the site (west of Williamson, WV heading for Kermit) where the "Second Pigeon" is passing signal number 4759 - are the signals still numbered, and would the numbers be the same?

Thanks for your input. I will be running all over Virginia and West Virginia over the weekend, so it you see some crazy person taking photographs - it just might be me!------------------------------------------- John C. Abbott
Wheaton, MD.Note: No Trees were harmed in sending this message. However, some electrons along the way were inconvenienced.