F-units

Sat Sep 1 00:14:59 EDT 2007

>The one picture I saw many years ago, in Trains, that I have been unsuccessful in following up, was a view through a door of the nose of a unit (looked black, but it was a B&W picture) with a block 70s style NW.The caption referred to it as "CNJ (N&W)".

I believe that the photo that you are referring to is of a Clinchfield F-unit that was painted solid black with white NW lettering. This was done for a Pepsi commercial, after which the unit was repainted in the black and yellow scheme.

jerry
<jmlaboda2 at yahoo.com>

Passenger Car Photo Indexes - UPDATED 10/05/06 WITH 2407 NEW LINKS ADDED!!!
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/>

N-scale Passenger Car User's Guide
<http://trainweb.org/passengercars/UsersGuide.htm>

Appreciate Freedom??? Thank a Veteran!!!