Water Towers at Buena Vista

Mon Sep 3 13:32:41 EDT 2007

John,

I do not know where the water towers in Buena Vista were located, but
the Bontex plant is on the old C&O line towards Lexington. A little
too far north I think.

The C&O had trackage rights over the N&W from Glasgow to Buena Vista.
Louis Newton describes a trip he made to Lexington over this route in
Volume 3 of his "Rails Remembered" series.

The Buena Vista Town Hall now sits where the station was located.

In Roanoke you saw the NKP 763 which is on its way to Ohio to be
refurbished and placed under steam on the Ohio Central Rwy. It was
moved out of the museum on July 24th.

Ron Davis