611 move to East End Shops

Wed Sep 5 19:59:54 EDT 2007

Well, I took those shots of the H&C Coffee and Dr. Pepper signs just for you, Ken.

Sam

Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: 611 move to East End Shops

GREAT SHOTS!!!!! Thanks, Ken Tanner Born ,Raised,Roanoke
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 11:30 PM
Subject: 611 move to East End Shops

Hot off the presses! (Or hot off the memory card.)

http://www.nwhs.org/qna/J611Move.html

Took these shots of the 611 being moved to East End Shops between 7:30 and 8:00 this evening. I apologize for the fuzziness; dusk was coming on and I didn't have my tripod with me. 611 joins NKP 763 and the Roanoke Chapter's T-6 in preparation for a ceremony in a few days celebrating the founding of Roanoke Shops 125 years ago (I think). After leaving the 611, the SD-40-2 was headed back to the Virginia Museum of Transportation to pull 1218 out and bring it down to the shops. Unfortunately it was getting too dark to shoot any more.

And if you though 611 wasn't articulated, look at that shot of it curving into the turntable lead!

I also turned my camera toward a couple of other Roanoke landmarks near the shops and have attached those for your viewing pleasure (I hope) too.

Sam Putney