Eastern Elkhorn Grade

Fri Oct 12 11:27:18 EDT 2007

Craig,

The 1911 map makes me think it may a narrow gauge entity.
No, I'm not sure those are actual switchbacks. Not by the definition I use.

Dave.

NW Mailing List
<nw-mailing-list@
nwhs.org> To
Sent by: "'NW Mailing List'"
nw-mailing-list-b <nw-mailing-list at nwhs.org>
ounces at nwhs.org cc

Subject
10/12/2007 11:18 RE: Eastern Elkhorn Grade
AM

Please respond to
NW Mailing List
<nw-mailing-list@
nwhs.org>

Without providing any answer to the original questions, I will add one:
You are looking at the 1924 chart.

Are we sure there are switchbacks? Looks to me as tho there are 2 stub
tracks. But what is that symbol along the end of the middle(?) track?

FYI:
http://historical.maptech.com/getImage.cfm?fname=PocahontasSpecial11se.jpg&state=WV
shows a different track configuration in 1911.

Craig Close
Balimer, Merlan
OK: Far West Catonsville
OR: Greater Oella