Lynchburg Convention

Mon Oct 22 20:48:18 EDT 2007

Lynchburg has long been one of my favorite RR places to visit - numerous
points of interest from past and present. Not as many photo ops as years ago,
but still a place for railfanning. On Saturday, Dave Skinner and I went to
CSX Sandy Hook yard to photograph the still intact coaling tower. With
permission; took shots from all sides (did not step on the tracks !). Then got some
'live' shots, as CSX loco pairs worked the west end of the yard. Not as
lucky with the ex - N&W and Sou yards, but I've done that before.

My personal thanks to those on the Committee who put JRF together. I attend
MER events much less frequently than I did many years ago; think I'll pick
up the pace. Hope to make Reston next year.

Jerry Crosson