To my Southern friends

Mon Oct 29 12:15:08 EDT 2007

Gary the line was single tracked in places shortly after Southern gave up its passenger service. However that is coming to an end as beginning at Hoskins, north end of High Point double tracking has begun. This project will go to Hilltop just south of Pomona Yard in Greensboro. Have a good time. Cal Reynolds.
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 9:28 AM
Subject: To my Southern friends

Gentlemen

This weekend I will be participating in the Spencer-Charlottesville Autumn Leaf Special, and I will be working the Northern Pacific dome car, BUT, I have never really been around this particular line. I was hoping that some of you would please email me a brief history of the line, along with some points of interest so I can help the passengers enjoy the trip even more.

email me at: nsheavyduty at yahoo.com

Thanks,

Gary Price
http://mail.yahoo.com