Busy afternoon on the Virginian

Wed Oct 31 07:23:04 EDT 2007

Sam,

This is Ray Smoot...... and I live near the former Virginian at Ellett.

I believe the explanation for the recent westbound moves relates to the
tunnel work at Pepper on the N&W. While this part of the former
Virginian has around ten eastbound trains daily, westbound traffic is
light because of the westbound grade. But occasionally because of
maintenance work, wrecks, or congestion on the N&W we see westbounds
going up the mountain.... and pulling hard.

Ray