Candian GP's @ North Winston yard

Wed Oct 31 13:59:17 EDT 2007

Hi Listers,

Yesterday I was searching Pbase.com for photos around Winston-Salem, NC. Scott Ridenhour had just what I was looking for with lots of photos from the R-line. He has photos of a train off the Southern K-line backing into North Winston yard and along side hi-way 52 is some Canadian built GP 38-2w's (could be GP 40-2w's the photo mainly shows the front of the unit). The three units are all black with a red stripe across the nose and yellow letters G C #9552. I'd appreciate if any of you could fill me in on these as to whom they belong and where do they run to from North Winston.

Many thanks in advance,

John Hecker
nwrlinemp72 at ca.rr.com