RPO 160

Sun Nov 4 23:59:32 EST 2007

Whoops! The plot thickens. I thought the photo looked familiar.
According to the N&W Jan. 1, 1973 Equipment Guide, power car #409 is ex
N&W 160, ex Wabash 454 (built by St. Louis Car in 1934), rebuilt in 1967
(which would be the time the photo was taken) and converted to power car
in 1972 for use with Equipment Maintenance Instruction Car 401. I would
like to see some more documentation about the supposed purchase of the
Frisco cars, inasmuch as the 160 can be accounted for "in house". Jim
Nichols