NS info from Bristol to Bulls Gap (NW Mailing List)

Thu Nov 8 23:45:13 EST 2007

Peter,

I have a list of signals for this line on my web site:
http://www.krunk.org/ns-nrv/d-tn/signals.shtml
There are several 'station names' used in the Track Warrent Control
sections between Piney Flats and Justice (in Bulls Gap, TN) that I
don't have listed on the signal list.

The train list on the site include the through trains you'll see.
http://www.krunk.org/ns-nrv/trains.shtml
In your case the yellow background trains are the only ones that pass
through your area. I don't know the symbols for the local trains,
other that that they'll be Txx where each x is a digit.

You are correct that the Southern Railway was the prior owner. It is
currently part of the Central Division of NS. It believe it is part of
(one of may lines in) the Knoxville District. I'm not certain that the
line has an actual name or nickname. I've usually just heard it refered
to as the "Knoxville to Bristol Line", but I doubt that's a formal title.
Someone else will need to provide a fuller history of the line...

Joe Shaw
Blacksburg, VA
http://www.krunk.org/