North Carolina Branch (Pulaski to Galax/Fries)

Fri Nov 16 00:01:26 EST 2007

Lessee, the reasons I've heard were bad roads and lack of rail traffic
frequency.
The same applies to the connecting Bristol line itself. Why spend half a day
waiting for a train on a single-track line when the busy N&W main wasn't all
that far away, with a lot more chances to score.
The Abingdon branch had passenger service fairly late and was thus quite
well-covered, even though few seemed to have photographed the mixed trains
on the main between Bristol and Abingdon (save for 1 photo in the new
Morning Sun book).
My $.02.
Now, if we can ever get the collected works of Ed King on page and to the
printers...

Andre Jackson and/or Lisa Burrows
Life is short; update your anti-virus software
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2007 3:32 PM
Subject: North Carolina Branch (Pulaski to Galax/Fries)