N&W business car assignments

Wed Nov 28 15:19:26 EST 2007

But it didn't receive the name "The Exporter" until sometime after the
1964 merger. It was simply #400. N&W 300 was still carrying the name
"The Exporter" in Nov. 1965. By May 1969 the name had been transferred
to the ex-Wabash car (I don't know just when). 300 probably didn't get
the name Roanoke until the return of red paint in 1971 (but I don't know
that - only guessing) Jim Nichols