N&W in 1904 -- Wall

Sun Dec 9 23:32:11 EST 2007

When urban renewal (was it during the 1960's ?) brought about the
widening of Princeton Avenue from Federal Street west, that portion of
the wall was dismantled and replaced by concrete. Many of the stones
were taken to the city park and erected in a picnic area west of the
ball park. But I remember when the wall ran all the way to Mercer
Street. It also featured a couple of ramps where a vehicle could be
driven down to track level. Jim Nichols