Neon Sign dimensions for N&W Roanoke Shops

Mon Dec 17 20:09:14 EST 2007

Listers:
Borrowing from another writer, if you could establish the bay width, that could be a start. But there are several objects in the photo that 'may' have somewhat 'standard' or common dimensions.

So here goes:
4' x 8' window (glass area) made up of 1' sq. panes.
The ladder to the roof is probably 18" wide w/ 12" rung spacing.
Bay width looks to be about 15'.
I can't see a whole run of bricks to get a count (x 9") but that may help.
(I've used cinder block and bricks to establish a lot of dimensions!)
Therefore, the sign (lighted frame)is approx. 54' overall width, NW part is 24' wide (centered), 15' tall overall (lighted frame), NW part is approx. 10' tall. The support structure appears to be approx. 30'-35' above the building.
Charlie Long
Lynchburg
(home office, AM&O)