611 at Pearisburg, Aug 1959

Wed Dec 26 22:22:38 EST 2007

The only excursion involving 611 for Appalachian Power employees (that I am aware of) was in August, 1959 from Roanoke to Norfolk and return. There are photos of this excursion passing through Lynchburg on the old line in the Virginia Tech digital collection and in several N&W related books.

Raymond Smoot