The Cost Savings of Steam Today.

Mon Jan 14 15:36:18 EST 2008

Ed

Point taken:

issue of one of supply and demand and where the leadership would come from
to reduce the U.S. dependency on foreign oil supplies.

Detroit has only a partial interest in non-oil cars. They have always had a
hidden relationship w/ the oil production industry, patents that would have
allowed very efficient carburization systems that have been held off the
market for many yrs. All greed driven. Market Place driven w/o regard for
the basic health and longevity of the U.S. The the corporate leaders knew
that the supply is finite, but a "don't care, it won't happen on my watch"
mentality.

Here in DC, there has not been any reduction in cars commuting into the
city since prices when over $3.00/gal in 07'. 0 change in the consumer
driving habits.

Simply an observation.

But the NS and coal mining industries in Va, Pa, Kentucky, Tenn, WVa and
Ohio could start to use the tops of their land to put up solar collectors
and wind turbines to begin to supply electricity directly into the national
grid. This has started in Penn. just off the Penn Turnpike as you head west
from Breezewood.

They could be the direct supplies just like Duke or Va Dominion Power
companies.

A major shift in the market place.

Eric